UIUC Autonomous Car Project
- Weekly meetings are held every Friday 2pm-3pm (Control and Motion Planning), 3pm-4pm (Vision and State Estimation), and 4pm-5pm (integration and management) in 4407 Siebel Center.
- A Wiki page is
to join our mailing list.
- Eyal Amir of Computer Science (Principal
- Yi Ma of Electrical
Computer Engineering (co-PI)
- Tim Bretl of
Aerospace Engineering (co-PI)
- Qin Zhang
of Agriculture Engineering (co-PI)
Advisory Board Members
It will be filled with detailed information. (If you want to join the team, please
contact to Prof. Amir)
Detail Information for Urban Challenge
Related Technical Reports
- Vehicle stays entirely within travel lane
- Vehicle stops within 1 meter of stop line.
- Vehicle exhibits less than 10 seconds of delay
when intersection is clear.
- Vehicle completes passing maneuver in
40-meters or maintaining 8-meter safety buffer
- Basic Traffic (Site Visit)
- Vehicle exhibits correct precedence order at
- Vehicle stops between 5 and 10 meters behind
stopped lead vehicle.
- Vehicle maintains 15 meter safety buffer at 15
- Advanced Navigation (National Qualification
Event Part 1)
- A U-turn may be effected through one or more
- Vehicle exhibits correct parking lot behavior
with less than 10 seconds excess delay.
- ExcessDelay is timed during “stop and stare”
- Vehicle re-plans when primary route is blocked
- Vehicle navigates roads with sparse waypoints.
- Road-following situations
- Curbs, berms, vegetation
- Street lines may be missing
- Winding roads
- Sparse waypoints – may not be in center of
- Advanced Traffic (National Qualification Event
- Vehicle should pull into traffic when oncoming
vehicles leave a gap of at least 10 seconds.
- Vehicle maintains 8 meter safety gap.
- Vehicle makes a left turn across moving
traffic and proceeds with less than 10 seconds excess delay.
- Vehicle navigates parking area in the presence
of moving traffic
- Vehicle exhibits safe behavior at all times to
avoid collisions and near collisions.
Useful Links and Resources